Mace (Ireland) Limited trading as Mace Promotions (Mace) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit any website, hosted and maintained by Mace (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Important information and who we are
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site, including any data you may provide through our site when you sign up to our newsletter, purchase a product or register an account with us.
It is important that you read this privacy notice so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Mace is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Our data privacy officer (DPO), Anita Clinton Fitzgerald is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the DPO using the details set out below.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Mace (Ireland) Limited
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: Block 2 West Pier Business Campus, Old Dunleary Road, Dun Laoire, Co. Dublin
Should you have any concerns, we would appreciate the chance to deal with them in the first instance. If you would like to speak to us in relation to any concerns you have, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Data Protection Commission (www.dataprotection.ie)
Changes to policy
We may amend and update this policy from time to time.
Any changes in the future will be posted on this page.
The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data that you give us through our site or by using our applications, corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, middle name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our site and products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods). In this case, we may be unable to process an order for a product or we may have to cancel a product you have ordered with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How is your personal data collected?
Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you;
- Place an order for our products;
- Create an account on our website;
- Request marketing to be sent to you; or
- Give us some feedback.
Automated technologies or interactions.
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies. Please see below for further details on cookies.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties such as analytics providers, providers of technical, payment and delivery services and publicly available sources
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation;